Next Step provides college consulting to high school students in a variety of packages to meet individual needs. Our services are designed to help you successfully navigate the oftentimes overwhelming process of choosing and applying to colleges. With extensive experience in high schools, higher education, career development, and counseling, our consultants bring a unique perspective to the process. Contact us to learn more about our packages and to determine which one is the best fit for your needs.
College Consulting Packages
Consultation Services - $140.00 (per one hour session)
Consultation services provide information and advice about the college search and application process. Designed for the client who needs direction, but is willing to follow through independently.
Customized Service Blocks - $500.00
Purchase FOUR pre-paid blocks of time to be applied towards any combination of college services (excludes developing the college list). Examples of services might include: essay brainstorming, major and career exploration, application review, academic advice, essay edits, or resume edits
Career Assessment Package - $330
Includes administration and interpretation of the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (career report) and Strong Interest Inventory. The results are discussed in relation to potential best fit majors and careers based on personality type, interests, and values. This package includes an intake phone session (approximately 20-30 minutes) and two one-hour sessions.
Early College Planning Package - $400.00
Generally completed during freshman or sophomore year and includes three 50-minute sessions and interpretation of information. (The price of this package can be applied to either package below purchased at a later date)
- Discussion of college and career goals
- Review of academic record
- Advice on academic course selection based on goals and student's school
- Recommendation on extracurricular activities and summer enrichment
- Testing recommendations
- Administration of learning styles and study skills assessment
College Planning Package - $1,950.00
Generally completed in Junior and Senior year and includes eight 50-minute sessions and a maximum of 20 emails each year.
- Review of prior academic accomplishments
- Advice on course selection
- Recommendations for extracurricular development
- Testing recommendations for timed tests (SAT, ACT, SAT II)
- Interview of both parent and student of college preferences
- Career planning utilizing career assessments (MBTI and SII)
- Refine college list based on career assessments and parent/student interviews
- Advice on college visit and showing demonstrated interest
- Advice on scholarships and FAFSA