Next Step provides college consulting to high school students in a variety of packages to meet individual needs. Our services are designed to help you successfully navigate the oftentimes overwhelming process of choosing and applying to colleges. With extensive experience in high schools, higher education, career development, and counseling, our consultants bring a unique perspective to the process. Contact us to learn more about our packages and to determine which one is the best fit for your needs.
College Consulting Packages
Consultation Services - $150.00 (per one hour session)
Consultation services provide information and advice about the college search and application process. Designed for the client who needs direction, but is willing to follow through independently. Generally, used for individual essay critiques or to answer questions the student has regarding applications.
Career Assessment Package - $350.00
Includes administration and interpretation of the Myers Briggs Type Indicator and Strong Interest Inventory. The results are discussed in relation to potential best fit majors and careers based on personality type, interests, and values. This package includes the cost of assessments, a printed report for the student to take with them, and an interpretation session with the student.
Early College Planning Package - $500.00
Generally completed during freshman or sophomore year and includes three sessions including interpretation of the assessments. (The price of this package can be applied to either package below purchased at a later date)
- Discussion of college and career goals
- Review of academic record
- Advice on academic course selection based on goals and student's school
- Recommendation on extracurricular activities and summer enrichment
- Testing recommendations
- Administration of Myers Briggs Type Indicator and Strong Interest Inventory to determine potential best fit majors and careers in relation to
personality and interests
College Planning Package - $2,500.00
Generally begins the spring of junior year and follows the student through the completion of college applications in senior year. Consultation can be provided through a combination of email, phone calls, virtual visits, and office visits.
- Review of prior academic accomplishments
- Interview of both parent and student on college preferences
- Career/major planning utilizing career assessments (MBTI and SII)
- Refine college to ensure a good fit and balanced list for the student
- Guidance on application timeline and monitoring that the student is meeting the deadlines for college applications
- Guidance on and critique of college essays
- Advice on college visits and showing demonstrated interest
- Advice on scholarships and FAFSA
- Evaluation of college financial aid packages
- This package can be paid for in either 1, 2 or 3 installments